Festival: 18th International Children’s Film Festival India popularly known as The Golden Elephant.
Dates: November 14th to November 20th, 2013.
Opening and Closing venue: Lalitha Kala Thoranam
Opening Film: CFSI’s musical animation, Goopi Gawaiyya Bagha Bajaiyya.
Closing Film: Winner of Golden Elephant Trophy at 18th ICFFI.
Chief Guests at the opening ceremony: Ranbir Kapoor and Gulzar
- Total number of 894 films were received from 75 countries.
- 200 films from 45 countries are being screened at the 18th ICFFI.
- DCP format for screenings introduced for the first time.
- Film entrees were received online for the first time.
- ‘International Animation Feature’ introduced this year in the competition category.
- For the first time ICFFI films were sourced from Cannes Film Market, allowing ICFFI to pick a selection of the latest children’s films, awaiting their World/ Asian Premiers.
- For the first time ICFFI has received 26 films from South America, a region barely represented in the previous editions.
- For the first time ICFFI has received a formidable quantity of animation films from across the globe: 285 animation films.
- No. of entries for Little Directors Section (films made by children from India and around the world): 123.
Four Competitive Sections:
1) Competition International Live Action (15 features)
2) International Animation Competition (10 features) *
3) Competition Shorts (15 shorts)
4) Competition Little Directors (12 shorts)
* Competition Animation has been introduced for the first time keeping in mind the large no. of excellent animation features received by the festival.
Three Non-competitive Sections:
1) Children’s World (121 films approx.) will present award winning international and national films from the last decade.
2) In Focus: Czech Republic (12 films) will present the best of Czech Children’s Films, including live action and animated features and shorts. This section is made possible by collaborating with Zlin Film Festival, the oldest children’s film festival in the world.
3) Celebrating 100 years of cinema.
First Prize: A Golden Elephant trophy plus cash prize of 2 lakh,
Second prize: A Golden Elephant plaque second prize 1 lakh
Top 15 Films at ICFFI:
1. A Horse on the Balcony (Live Action Feature, Austria)
2. Mother I love You (Live Action Feature, Latvia)
3. Kauwboy (Live action Feature, Netherlands)
4. Alfie the Little Werewolf (Live Action Feature, Netherlands)
5. Taina – an Amazon Legend (Live Action Feature, Brazil)
6. Zarafa (Animation Feature, Belgium-France)
7. Moon Man (Animation Feature, France)
8. Rodencia – The Princesse’s tooth (Animation Feature, Argentina-Peru)
9. Goopi Gawaiyya Bagha Bajaiyya (Animation Feature, India)
10. Toys in the Attic (Animation Feature, Czech Republic)
11. The Girl from Gori (Live Action Short, Georgia-Germany)
12. Under The Pillow (Animation Short, Spain)
13. My shoes (Live Action Short, Tunisia)
14. Buzkashi Boys (Live Action Short, Afghanistan)
15. The Centipede and the Toad (Animation short, France)
Registrations: Registrations will be held at FDC. There will be no online registrations.
Screenings: 3 screens at IMAX Prasad Multiplex, one screen each at Ranga, Eswar, High Tech, Sri Ramulu, Shivani, Sudha, Raghvendra, Lalitha kala Thoranam, Public Garden, Indira Priya Darshini audi, Telugu University Audi Auditorium, Hall in Victoria Memorial Home.
Venue: Main Venue: IMAX Prasad.
Venue for November 15, 2013 to November 19, 2013:
- IMAX Prasad, Necklace Rd.
Screen 1, 2 & 4(3D screen)
- Ranga, Jeedimetla
- Eswar, Attapur
- Sivaparvathy, Kukatpally
- High Tech, Madhapur
- Shivani, Dilsukhnagar
- Sudha, Shalibanda
- Raghavendra, Malkajgiri
- Indira Priyadarshani Auditorium, Public Garden
- Prashant, Secundarabad